There are some Scriptures that I've heard all my life, but never given second thought to. John 15:13 is one of them. What gets me is when Jesus calls me his friend. He said that he laid down his life for his friend. That's the whole world, even me. How amazing! God's love is so much that I really can't fathom..I can't explain. But God's love for us is so much that he sent his only Son to die. To die for a world full of sin that has no respect for its Creator. What if my best friend took a bullet for me? And then I didn't even act as if I cared and didn't do anything in return? How rude! Jesus was tortured to death for me, someone he calls his friend, to wash away my sins, but yet I still sin against him every day.
Jesus says "you are my friends if you do what I command..I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business..Instead, I have called you friends, for everything I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me but I chose you and anointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last...This is my command: Love each other."
The whole chapter of John 15 is amazing. Go read it. It's not that long, but every word is awesome.
There's also a song that reminds me of this. "True Love" by Phil Wickham. Go listen.

No comments:
Post a Comment