In Exodus 3, when God spoke to Moses through the burning bush telling him to go bring the Israelites out of Egypt, Moses asked, "Who am I?" Who am I, a lowly sinner, to do such a task as this? Who am I, that God may speak to me in this amazing way and ask me to do such a thing as to lead a group of people in the name of the Lord?
God said, "I will be with you."
And God used Moses to do some pretty awesome big world-changing things.
Ok, so this is simple, but comforting. God commanded us to tell the world about Him in Matthew 28:19-20. He commanded us to tell everyone we know about Him. I want to say, Who am I to do this? I'm so unworthy. I'm so not adequate for this. I'm dumb and I mess up way too much. But, God said the same thing to us as he said to Moses. He said "and I will be with you always, even to the very end."
And He can use people like you and me to do some pretty awesome big world-changing things too, even if it's just showing love and sharing the truth with one person, that's world-changing for that one person.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. -Matthew 28:19-20
No comments:
Post a Comment