Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just Let Go

Let me just say, I'm totally in love with God. For the past few months, I've been trying to tell God how I want to live my life. I tried to convince Him and myself what I wanted was going to work, but I was oh so wrong.

The past few months have honestly been miserable. I should not have ever thought I could be in control. What was I thinking?

Finally, I let go. I gave it all back to God. Since I did that, man oh man, what a change! I remember one Sunday afternoon saying, "Today's the day everything's changing. I'm not writing my own life- God is. No more me." And ever since then, just wow.

God has made me realize so much. He's changed my heart all over again. My love for him is just overflowing again. I always loved Him throughout the time I was tring to convince Him I knew what I was doing, but I just wasn't willing to let Him do His thing. Now I'm experiencing TRUE LOVE for my father.

Everything has changed. I really feel like I'm back in God's will. And it's an amazing feeling! I felt this way when I first went to the Philippines. My life is completely in God's hands. He's given me such a strong desire to learn more about Him..I want to study His word now more than ever, and I want to share my knowledge with others now more than ever, and I want to serve Him wholeheartedly now more than ever.

I even appreciate the small things and know they are all because of God and His love..conversations with friends, greeting people I don't know with a smile, seeing the beautiful sunset over the waterway on my drive home from work...life is beautiful when God is truly in it.

God is blessing me tremendously...He's putting my future together for me, and He's doing an amazing job! He's surprised me in so many ways, and He's doing things that make me happier than I ever could have been had I continued in my own plans. I'm so excited to see what He has for me! I have so much praying to do, and so much listening to do, too. If anyone is actually reading this, please pray for me too! Pray that I can understand God's direction for me and pray that I continue following nothing and no one but my one true God.

Nothing is standing in my way. It's me and God from here on out, except He's leading, and I'm following.

No comments:

Post a Comment