I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task, the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 2:24
If anyone would come afte me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whosoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. Luke 9:23-24
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he down his life for his friends. John 15:12Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me. Matthew 10:39
My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. 1 John 3:18
As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:26
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:7-8
It was a perfect sacrifice by a perfect person to perfect some very imperfect people.
The whole point of what we're urging is simply love- love uncontaminated by self-interest and counterfeit faith, a life open to God. 1 Timothy 1:5
..but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward- to Jesus. I'm off an drunning, and I'm not turning back. Philippians 3:14
When we trust in him, we're free to say whtever needs to be said, bold to go wherever we need to go. Ephesians 3:12
And when the Holy Spirit comes on you, you will be able to be my witnesses in Jerusalem, all over Judea and Samaria, even to the ends of the world. Acts 1:8
Matthew 25:31-46
God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing. C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory
Preach the Gospel always; if necessary, use words. Francis of Assissi
No comments:
Post a Comment