Friday, February 18, 2011

Light & Dark

Sometimes I sit on my balcony in the middle of the night, when it’s so quiet outside that I feel like nothing but a small little girl surrounded by nothing but measureless darkness.

Even after the sun rises, that feeling remains. I still feel so small in the middle of total darkness. Total darkness that encompasses everything for miles and miles. Nothing I see is familiar, nothing I see or hear reflects a love or knowledge of Him.

I’m so small. I want to help but I feel I can do nothing. He is the one who can do amazing things. Big things. Things bigger than me, bigger than this place, bigger than the world. His light can shine anywhere, even through me and you in the darkest of places.

Even Bono said, “Whenever you see darkness, there is an extraordinary opportunity for the light to shine brighter.”

4 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful for His ability to do bigger things. Eventually the Light will drown out the darkness. Thinking about you.

    This little light of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish you blogged every day...love reading it

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll blog more if you start blogging too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. --Margaret--

    You're post reminded me a of Charlie Hall song (especially the first 2 lines).

    "We sing it in the darkest place
    Cause love is in Your powerful name
    Shine the light of beauty and grace
    We’re living in the name that can save

    We sing to You the song of the redeemed
    You’ve beautified our hearts and made us clean
    You’ve rescued us from death and set us free
    We sing to You the song of the redeemed

    We adore You and before You,
    forgiven and redeemed
    All races from all places,
    Around the cross we sing"

    Keep singing HIS song to the Nations!
    Love you dearly!

    -Emily-

    ReplyDelete